Strictly Come Dancing stars bring classy variety act in Ballroom Boys tour
- Credit: Strictly Theatre Co
An evening of Strictly Come Dancing glamour came to life on stage as Ballroom Boys Ian Waite and Vincent Simone tangoed and teased us on a trip down memory lane.
While Strictly may have been in full swing on our TV screens – two of the shows former professional dancers brought the magic of Saturday night to the theatre.
And it wasn’t all dance – albeit Vincent’s finale Argentine Tango was one of the highlights –but there was comedy, song (who knew Ian could sing?!) and even drag.
The Ballroom Boys saw the return of Ian and Vincent with their brand-new show Act Two after an 18-month wait put on hold by the pandemic.
Our only qualm? It was over with too soon!
The double act performed effortless old-fashioned Morecambe and Wise inspired comedy segments; which proved they weren’t afraid to laugh at themselves.
Chuckles crackled through the audience as some gags got a delayed reaction while the pair played perfectly into the hands of the audience.
- 1 Small community café in St Neots "just hanging on"
- 2 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 3 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 4 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 5 Great honour for two men awarded the freedom of Huntingdon
- 6 Come and see Huntingdon's Beacon lighting ceremony for the Jubilee
- 7 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 8 Large Hotel of the Year winner is proud of its history
- 9 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 10 The latest Readers' Photos sent to the Hunts Post this week
There was also the chance to give a shout out to our favourite contestants on the current series of Strictly – which was live on BBC One while we enjoyed the show at The Swan Theatre in Worcester.
Beautiful costumes and a cast of talented dancers – alongside stunning vocalist Amelia Adams – brought the world-class routines to life at the sold-out venue.
Dances included a step back in time with the romance of Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers to a modern-day carnival and passionate Argentine Tango to Caruso – in which the partnership of Vincent and Ksenia Zsikhotska lit up the stage.
Acoustic versions of Calum Scott’s You Are the Reason and Lewis Capaldi’s Someone You Loved were the backdrop to breath-taking routines – while Amelia also gave a timeless performance of Shirley Bassey’s Diamonds Are Forever.
Ian and Vincent proved that they still have what it takes to put on a classy variety show – even some years after leaving the show that made them a household name.
So, to answer Ian’s question of why we all weren’t watching Strictly Come Dancing this Saturday night, quite simply, we preferred to watch our Strictly old school masters in motion instead.
The Ballroom Boys...Act Two will be coming to Peterborough’s New Theatre on April 17 2022 and the King’s Lynn Alive Corn Exchange on June 7 2022.
Tickets are on sale now from https://www.theballroomboys.com/tickets