Still time to enter Dragon Boat Festival in St Neots in August
- Credit: Archant
This summer’s Dragon Boat Festival in St Neots takes place on August 19.
The event, sponsored by LifePlus, will take place on Regatta Meadow and is being organised by St Neots Town Council, the Rotary Club of St Neots and St Mary’s and the St Neots Dragon Boat Team. All proceeds from the festival will go to local charities, which have been nominated by St Neots mayor, Councillor Derek Giles and the rotary club.
“The day promises to be one for all the family with dragon boat racing taking place from 11am and, in addition, trade and charity stalls and food concessionaires will also be in attendance,” said Mike Truswell from the rotary club.
A number of companies have already entered crews into the event, but there is still room for more.
“Crews can be all male, all female or mixed and require no previous experience as a training session is offered to all crews by the St Neots Dragon Boat Team as well as having a designated coach or an experienced dragon boat paddler appointed to each crew to assist them on the day,” added Mr Truswell.
You may also want to watch:
“The whole event has an emphasis on fun, highlighting the wonderful facility we have in St Neots, the River Great Ouse, and a setting which is the envy of many other towns throughout the country. A recent National Dragon Boat Association Event held on the Regatta Meadow brought great praise from the organisers stating that it was one of the best venues in the country.”
As well as stands and refreshments, there will be a large screen showing the racing and the stage throughout the day.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 9 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 10 Appeal for foster parents to come forward
Anyone wishing to enter a team should contact Katie Williams at St Neots Town Council on 01480 388912 or firstname.lastname@example.org for an entry form.