St Neots VAMPS to bring Tommy to the town
- Credit: Archant
There’s still time to grab tickets for the St Neots VAMPS’ upcoming performance depicting the rise and fall of the Pinball Wizard.
The Who’s Tommy will come to the Priory Centre, St Neots, from November 13-15, where the group will dance, act, and sing their way through the much-loved musical.
Written by guitarist Pete Townshend and renowned director Des McAnuff, the show is based on the band’s 1969 double album.
It was a smash-hit on both sides of the Atlantic, telling the story of the deaf, mute, and blind pinball player who becomes a messiah. Much-loved showtunes include Pinball Wizard, and See Me, Feel Me, during which the cast will be supported by a live rock band.
The VAMPS will push the cast and crew to its limits, using a variety of lighting and sound techniques to bring the piece to life. Enjoy a fresh interpretation of the rock musical from the group behind recent productions of Grease, Oliver!, and The Producers.
INFORMATION: Shows will start at 7.30pm, with a 2.30pm Saturday matinee. Tickets cost £10-£12, which can be booked by visiting www.thevamps.org/tommy.
- 1 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 2 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 3 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 4 Could you give these pets a home?
- 5 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 8 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 9 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!
- 10 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer