St Neots Players perform the Jane Austen classic Sense and Sensibility
- Credit: Archant
The St Neots Players present Jane Austen’s classic Sense and Sensibility next week.
Alissa King-Underwood, who is from St Neots and is the current Miss Cambridgeshire, has joined forces with the Players to play Marianne for the production, which runs from September 22-24.
The production has been adapted by Jessica Swale and directed by Bella Coleman.
Sense and Sensibility centres around Elinor and Marianne Dashwood and what happens when their wealthy half-brother cheats them of their fortune. Elinor and Marianne are left penniless and are forced to leave the comforts of Norland Park and relocate to chilly Barton Cottage in Devonshire, but when John Willoughby, a handsome stranger, arrives one day with a rain-drenched Marianne in his arms, the sisters are convinced that their fortunes are changed forever.
While Elinor pines for quiet, kind-hearted Edward Ferrars, impulsive Marianne loses herself in the idea of her hero on horseback, and for a girl who feasts on poetry and music, what else is there to do in Devon but dream of rescue?
You may also want to watch:
The play will be performed at The Priory Centre and performances are at 7.30pm. Tickets, which are £12 for adults and £10 for concessions, can be purchased from www.stneotsplayers.co.uk or call the Priory Centre on 01480 388922.
Alissa King-Underwood as Marianne Dashwood, Abbie Miles as Elinor Dashwood, Jenny Coates as Mrs Jennings and Natasha Woodcraft as Fanny Dashwood.
- 1 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 10 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives