St Neots Market Square to host bumper food festival this weekend
- Credit: Archant
St Neots Market Square will play host to a bumper market this coming weekend to coincide with the Whitsun Bank Holiday and the start of half term.
Opening on Friday (May 26) the festival’s main attraction will be a beer tent, offering a wide range of craft ales and cider. There will also be a selection of hot food stalls, live music and children’s entertainment.
St Neots Town Council has teamed up with Market Square Group to bring the event to St Neots. Market Square Group is one of the UK’s leading themed market and events specialists, dedicated to creating new vibrant, sustainable events that capture the imagination of the visiting public. The
group work with a range of venues including town and city centres, stately homes and green spaces within urban settings.
St Neots Farmers Market traders will also be joining the festival on Saturday. The Farmers Market is well established and has been in operation since 2002 to recognise and support local producers.
Products on offer include seasonal flowers and shrubs, baked goods and cakes, meats, fish, fruit and vegetables, chutneys, pickles, preserves and locally produced crafts. The producer or someone involved in production is always present at the stall to answer questions on products sold.
Entrance to this event is free. Trading times for the festival are:
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 3 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 4 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 7 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Jacob Crawshaw memorial football match raises more than £8,100
- 9 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 10 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
Friday - 9am-8pm
Saturday - 9am-8pm (Farmers Market until 2pm)
Sunday - 10am-5pm.