New art cafe to bring ‘something new’ to St Neots
- Credit: Archant
A new creative cafe has just opened in St Neots, completing the final part of the jigsaw which started when Barretts department store announced it was closing.
Located in New Street, Art & Soul comprises a ground floor coffee shop, together with, at first floor, an art gallery and creative workshop, studio space and conference facilities.
The new cafe offers a range of high-quality coffee, home-made cakes and tasty food, with the work of artists displayed around the cafe and in the gallery on the first floor.
The venture has been described as a “cafe, gallery and creative hub”.
The café has been opened by Cambridge-based art enthusiasts Tim and Caroline Richardson.
You may also want to watch:
Caroline said: “We really wanted to create a facility and cafe with a difference.
“Our intention is that this will be a community venture focusing on and giving inspiration to our customers and clients.
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 3 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 4 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
“We see this as a creative networking venue for use by both businesses and individuals.”
She continued: “The gallery will feature work from some well-known national artists and we also have space available for use by local artists and other creative individuals and businesses to showcase their work.”