Still time to enter this summer’s dragon boat race in St Neots
- Credit: Archant
Entries have been arriving “thick and fast” for this summer’s St Neots Dragon Boat Festival, which is organised by St Neots Town Council, the Rotary Club of St Neots, St Marys and the St Neots Dragon Boat team.
This year's event takes place on Saturday, August 17 and so far there have been 18 entries for the race.
This includes a team from sponsors Lifeplus Europe and Titan and a new sponsor this year Cabins GB. Of the entries, 14 competed last year and six teams are present for the seventh consecutive year.
The teams comprise a mixture of company, club, pubs and groups of friends who will enjoy a great day out by the beautiful Great River Ouse.
Dragon Boat Racing is Britain's fastest growing corporate team building activity. It requires no previous experience and caters for all abilities and one hour's training by the St Neots Dragon Boat team is included with the entry fee.
Karen Pollecut, deputy town clerk at St Neots Town Council, said: "It is great to be holding this very popular event once again with the help of the St Neots St Marys Rotary Club and the St Neots Dragon Boat Team and we invite further entries from local companies, pubs, clubs, and groups of friends for what promises to be another great event."
On the day, there will be a large screen showing the races live from start to finish, charity and trade stalls, food concessions, a children's fair and children's entertainment, a great day out for the whole family.
- 1 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
- 2 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in their village
- 3 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 4 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 5 Huntingdon Carnival and parade returns this summer
- 6 £1,350 a day (plus VAT) for new chief executive at combined authority
- 7 This year's Huntingdon in Bloom launch event has taken place
- 8 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 9 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 10 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
This year's event, which will take place at Regatta Meadow, will be supporting the Teenage Cancer Trust.
INFO: There are now just a few places left so if you wish to enter this year's event get in touch with St Neots Town Council on 01480 388911 or email@example.com