St Ives rockers Filthy Rich to perform festive party gig
- Credit: Archant
They’ve shared a stage with rock heavyweights such as The Stranglers and Dr Feelgood, and now they will be helping you shake off those post-Christmas blues.
St Ives natives Filthy Rich will perform a festive party gig at The Montagu Club, Hartford Road, Huntingdon, on Saturday, December 27, just over 30 years since they first appeared on the scene in 1984 with a show at the town’s Commemoration Hall.
Since that time the band have appeared at many venues across the country, including a headline slot at the BMF festival in 1986, and have also rubbed shoulders with names such as The Climax Blues Band and Tygers of Pan Tang.
Over the years the line-up has seen various changes, but in late 2004, the original group of Chick, Pete, Abo and Kitch got back together for a one-off reunion and are still playing together.
During their career, the band have appeared regularly at local festivals and even performed at a prison, encoring with Jailhouse Rock. Joining them on the night are special guests, popular local metal band Lower Than Bones.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Doors open at 7.30pm. Tickets cost £10 from The Montagu or at The News Centre, Burleigh Centre, Constable Road, St Ives.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan