Disco legends Sister Sledge to headline Cambridge festival
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of The Cambridge Club Festival have announced that disco sensation Sister Sledge will be headling the ever-growing event in 2019.
The disco superstars will lead a line-up of funk, soul, disco, rock and roll and folk with more than 20 artists performing on two stages.
Sister Sledge is world famous for disco dancing tunes such as We are Family, co-written by Nile Rodgers, He’s the Greatest Dancer, Lost in Music, and many more.
BBC Radio’s Craig Charles’ Funk & Soul Show and The Voice UK’s Michelle John will also be featuring in the third annual music, food and drinks festival at Haggis Farm, just outside Cambridge.
The family-friendly one-day festival, now in its third year, is doubling in size for 2019 – with 10,000 people set to attend the event on the outskirts of the city on June 16.
You may also want to watch:
Craig Charles, also known for the cult comedy series Red Dwarf, is returning to the festival after appearing in 2017 and 2018. Michelle John will feature on the main stage, alongside disco tribute act Uncle Funk & The Boogie Wonderband, while up-and-coming bands and vocalists will be lining up on the second stage.
The event has a reputation for showcasing local fayre, including local artisan gins, prosecco, craft ales and ciders - alongside a food menu covering everything from jerk chicken to vegan.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 9 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 10 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
First release tickets are available for £20. Families can also get discount entry by booking a ticket package for two adults and two children, available by visiting the event website.
INFO: For tickets and more event details visit strawberriesandcreem.com / thecambridgeclub.co Twitter: @SandCFestival / @cambridgeclubuk