See Romeo & Juliet in Peterborough this month
- Credit: Archant
Tickets are still available for the mesmerising retelling of one of literature’s most epic love stories in Peterborough this month.
Ballet Theatre UK will present Romeo & Juliet at the Key Theatre on January 28, as the nation continues to celebrate 400 years of Shakespeare’s legacy.
Set in Verona, the tragedy sees star-crossed lovers marry in secret after their two noble families declare war on each other.
While Romeo is a Montagu, Juliet comes from the Capulet family and her parents are set on her marrying Paris instead.
Desperate, Juliet fakes her own death to escape, but good intention soon turns to tragedy when Romeo finds her in a tomb, thinking she’s dead.
You may also want to watch:
Performed with enchanting choreography, stunning costumes and mesmerising sets, this performance promises to be an audience favourite.
Tickets are £18.50 and £13 for under 16s, including a £1 booking fee.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 7 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 8 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
Show times are at 2.30pm and 7.30pm, and to book, call 01733 207 239 or visit vivacity-peterborough.com.