Scottish folk trio to perform at Upwood Village Hall
- Credit: Archant
Rising stars of folk music The Mischa Macpherson Trio will take to the stage at Upwood Village Hall.
Hailing from Scotland’s remote highlands and islands, the band captures the beauty of Celtic music with a fresh take on tradition.
They are this year’s winners of the BBC Radio 2 Young Folk Award, with other credits including scooping the Celtic Connections Danny Kyle Award.
Macpherson plays the clarsach and sings in gaelic, with Conal McDonagh playing pipes and whistles and Innes White on guitar.
The trio are all graduates of the National Centre of Excellence in Traditional Music, who met through the award-winning Feis Rois when they were selected for the International Ceilidh Trail in 2011.
You may also want to watch:
They have since toured top UK folk festivals and venues and travelled around the world for performances in Germany, Australia, Romania and Ireland.
The talented trio are tipped to make waves in the world of folk music, and this concert is a chance to enjoy a unique interpretation of Scotland’s rich musical history.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 9 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
INFORMATION: The show starts at 7.45pm on June 5. Tickets cost £10, and can be booked by calling 01487 814114 or emailing email@example.com. For more, visit www.mischamacphersontrio.com.