School pupils take over Burgess Hall for epic musical
- Credit: Archant
Music and drama pupils at St Ivo School will take on their biggest challenge yet as they take to the stage for a production of Les Miserables next month.
The play, based on the hit West End show and highly-acclaimed film, will feature more than 80 students aged between 11 and 19-years-old.
Athena Bell, musical director said: “We have been so impressed with the commitment and energy of our cast members.
“They are rising to the challenges of this show with considerable flair.”
The epic musical tells the story of ex-convict Jean Valjean and his struggle to take back an honest name for himself, rescuing Fantine from a life of destitution, raising her child, joining students on a barricade, and saving Marius’ life.
First published as a novel in 1862, the story is one of the most acclaimed works of the nineteenth-century, exploring love, loss and human strength.
The epic musical will take place on February 7, 8 and 9 at the Burgess Hall in St Ives at 7.30pm.
- 1 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 2 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit in St Neots
- 3 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 4 Could you give these pets a home?
- 5 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 6 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 7 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 8 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!
- 9 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 10 Thousands of trees planted in green initiative
Amanda Crellin, director, added: “We are getting very excited about sharing our version of this brilliant show with the people of St Ives and showcasing the talents of our students.”
The school is also seeking sponsorship for the show, and anyone interested should contact email@example.com.
Tickets start at £7 and are on sale from ParentMail for parents.
Otherwise, please book on 01480 302 970.