Sawtry woman to release a book
- Credit: Archant
A woman from Sawtry is set to release her first book at the end of the month after coming up with the idea whilst she was in the bath.
Jacqueline Hedington has worked as a teaching assistant at Sawtry Infant School for the past 17 years, and was inspired to write after running her ideas passed her pupils.
The 52-year-old admits the idea for the book, which is called The Adventures of Dolly The Dolphin, came to her while was taking a bath.
She said: “Being a teaching assistant you are always reading books. One day I was in the bath and had an idea.
“My daughter, who is now 22, had a toy dolphin that has come everywhere with us and that I have had to fix numerous times.
You may also want to watch:
“Then I realised it was a good idea for a book, and thought ‘I must write this down’. I then read it to my class who enjoyed it so much that it encouraged me to take it further and I was lucky enough to get it published.”
The Adventures of Dolly The Dolphin is set to be released on August 30, and is about a toy dolphin that slips out of bed one day and makes it to the ocean.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
Once Jacqueline had written her ideas down , she sent it off to a publisher and was delighted to learn that the book had been accepted and was going to be published.
“I couldn’t quite believe that my book was actually going to be published,” said Jacqueline.
“It is absolutely amazing. I have lived in Sawtry for 27 years and so many people are coming up to me in the street and asking where they can buy the book. People are saying ‘congratulations’ and it is really lovely.”
The Adventures of Dolly The Dolphin is available to buy from www.pegasuspublishers.com, Waterstones, Amazon and Foyles. Jacqueline will be signing copies of the book on September 8, from 1-4pm at The Greystones, in Sawtry.