Sawtry woman to release a book
- Credit: Archant
A woman from Sawtry is set to release her first book at the end of the month after coming up with the idea whilst she was in the bath.
Jacqueline Hedington has worked as a teaching assistant at Sawtry Infant School for the past 17 years, and was inspired to write after running her ideas passed her pupils.
The 52-year-old admits the idea for the book, which is called The Adventures of Dolly The Dolphin, came to her while was taking a bath.
She said: “Being a teaching assistant you are always reading books. One day I was in the bath and had an idea.
“My daughter, who is now 22, had a toy dolphin that has come everywhere with us and that I have had to fix numerous times.
“Then I realised it was a good idea for a book, and thought ‘I must write this down’. I then read it to my class who enjoyed it so much that it encouraged me to take it further and I was lucky enough to get it published.”
The Adventures of Dolly The Dolphin is set to be released on August 30, and is about a toy dolphin that slips out of bed one day and makes it to the ocean.
- 1 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 2 Woman who could barely walk is taking part in cycling event after shedding 19 stones
- 3 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 4 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
- 5 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 6 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 7 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 8 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Plans to demolish barn and create organic food business
- 10 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
Once Jacqueline had written her ideas down , she sent it off to a publisher and was delighted to learn that the book had been accepted and was going to be published.
“I couldn’t quite believe that my book was actually going to be published,” said Jacqueline.
“It is absolutely amazing. I have lived in Sawtry for 27 years and so many people are coming up to me in the street and asking where they can buy the book. People are saying ‘congratulations’ and it is really lovely.”
The Adventures of Dolly The Dolphin is available to buy from www.pegasuspublishers.com, Waterstones, Amazon and Foyles. Jacqueline will be signing copies of the book on September 8, from 1-4pm at The Greystones, in Sawtry.