Sawtry’s Strictly Come Dancing star makes smooth progress to semi-finals
- Credit: Archant
Sawtry’s Lauren Steadman is through to the semi-finals of Strictly Come Dancing after making it through to another week of the contest.
The 26-year-old danced the American smooth to I’m In Love With A Wonderful Guy from South Pacific.
Lauren, a double world champion paratriathlete and six-time European champion, was given a score of eight by Craig Revel Horwood and nines by Shirley Ballas, Darcy Bussel and Bruno Tonioli.
Lauren and professional partner AJ Pritchard scored 35 out of 40 for this week’s routine placing them sixth on the leaderboard.
However, Steadman avoided elimination, with actor Charles Venn became the 10th celebrity to leave the show.
The star, who was born without a complete right arm, won a silver medal at the Rio 2016 games in the paratriathlon.
She has competed in three Paralympics, in both swimming and the paratriathlon. She competed at both the 2008 Paralympics in Beijing and the 2012 Paralympics in London as a swimmer.
- 1 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 2 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 3 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 4 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 5 13-year-old helped to rescue distressed paddleboarders
- 6 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 7 Thousands come together at RAF Wyton for Armed Forces Day
- 8 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
- 9 John Major's 'bad luck' comment is 'absolutely disgraceful' says son of victim
- 10 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
Strictly Come Dancing will return on Saturday as the show heads towards its final stages.