Sawtry’s Strictly Come Dancing star makes smooth progress to semi-finals
- Credit: Archant
Sawtry’s Lauren Steadman is through to the semi-finals of Strictly Come Dancing after making it through to another week of the contest.
The 26-year-old danced the American smooth to I’m In Love With A Wonderful Guy from South Pacific.
Lauren, a double world champion paratriathlete and six-time European champion, was given a score of eight by Craig Revel Horwood and nines by Shirley Ballas, Darcy Bussel and Bruno Tonioli.
Lauren and professional partner AJ Pritchard scored 35 out of 40 for this week’s routine placing them sixth on the leaderboard.
However, Steadman avoided elimination, with actor Charles Venn became the 10th celebrity to leave the show.
You may also want to watch:
The star, who was born without a complete right arm, won a silver medal at the Rio 2016 games in the paratriathlon.
She has competed in three Paralympics, in both swimming and the paratriathlon. She competed at both the 2008 Paralympics in Beijing and the 2012 Paralympics in London as a swimmer.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 6 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 10 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
Strictly Come Dancing will return on Saturday as the show heads towards its final stages.