Roll up, Roll up: The Grinch Who Stole Panto comes to the big top in St Neots
- Credit: Archant
The Big Top Theatre Company is gearing up for its biggest-ever production - The Grinch who stole the stole panto.
The show, which takes place at on St Neots Common from November 5-8, will be the group’s fourth production staged in the heated big top and each year the group have gone from strength to strength. With audiences expected to reach 2000 over the weekend, the final preparations are being put into place.
Local performer and dance school principal Tom Langdale directed and wrote the production, with support from Giggs & Company. His last adaptation, Alice in Wonderland, was professional published for Lazy Bee’s scripts and is in the process of being made available for theatre companies across the country to buy the rights and produce themselves.
The Grinch who Stole Panto tells the story of Buddy the Elf and his quest to save Who-ville, the small Christmas town on a snowflake from the clutches of the business tycoon Mrs Claus. Meanwhile the town of Who-ville are getting set for Christmas, apart from young Tilly-May who questions the meaning of Christmas. And, of course, the Grinch who hates Christmas and plans to ruin the big day for everyone.
“The show is a heart-warming and funny tale about friendship and saving the day. Featuring fabulous costumes, characters and plenty of audience participation,” said Tom Langdale.
You may also want to watch:
“The Big Top is not just a show but a visitor attraction for the whole family. The cast had their first rehearsal with stage dog Rupert and his understudy Buddy. The dogs will play the Grinch’s companion Max and will now begin doggy rehearsals for the show. Not only do the performance pooches have trainers, but that also have costume designers and will even get their own bow!”
INFO: Tickets are priced from £7.50-17.50 with concession rates available. There are matinee performances on Saturday and Sunday at 2pm, and evening shows start at 7pm.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 8 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
You can buy online: www.bigtopco.com or call the box office: 07961 527 485.