Legendary rock ‘n’ roll classic The Rocky Horror Show is in Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
Richard O’Brien’s legendary rock ‘n’ roll cult classic musical The Rocky Horror Show is being staged at the Cambridge Arts Theatre, from July 15-20.
The production stars Joanne Clifton (Strictly Come Dancing) and Steve Punt (Punt and Dennis and The Now Show).
The Rocky Horror Show follows the story of high school sweethearts Brad and Janet as they seek help at the Frankenstein place after their car breaks down.
After meeting the charismatic and flamboyant Frankn-Furter, and his group of live-in staff and groupies, Brad and Janet's lives are turned on their heads. It's an adventure they'll never forget.
Written by Richard O'Brien, the show first appeared at the Royal Court in 1973. Since then it has been performed in more than 30 countries and translated into more than 20 languages.
You may also want to watch:
The film adaptation was released under the name The Rocky Horror Picture Show and while initially criticised it has since become a cult classic.
Shows are at 7.45pm from Monday-Thursday and 5.30pm and 8.30pm on Friday and Saturday.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 5 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Tickets are £25/£35/£40/£45 from the box office on: 01223 503333/www.cambridgeartstheatre.com.