Prism at the Cambridge Arts tells the story of Jack Cardiff
- Credit: Archant
Prism - starring Robert Lindsay and Tara Fitzgerald - opens at the Cambridge Arts Theatre on November 18.
The renowned English actor of stage and screen Robert Lindsay stars as the legendary cinematographer, director and photographer Jack Cardiff in Prism, which runs from November 18-23.
This delightfully witty and poignant story tells the story of Cardiff's extraordinary life.
Robert Lindsay began his professional acting career in 1973, and has starred extensively in theatre, television and film. Most notable credits include My Family, G.B.H, Galavant and Genius. Lindsay's theatre credits include Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (West End) and The Entertainer (The Old Vic).
The cast also stars Tara Fitzgerald, whose credits include Game of Thrones (seasons 3-5), Macbeth (Shakespeare's Globe) and Shipwreck (Almeida Theatre).
?The legendary Jack Cardiff has retired. His hard days of work - and play - on famous film sets are long behind him, as are his secret liaisons with some of the most famous women in the world.
Surrounded by memorabilia from a lifetime of 'painting with light', writing an autobiography should be easy - were it not that Jack would now rather live in the past than remember it.
- 1 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 2 A lost wedding photo uncovers a heartbreaking story
- 3 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 4 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in village
- 5 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 6 Off duty nurse saves a man's life by performing CPR
- 7 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 8 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
- 9 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 10 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
Jack Cardiff was a British cinematographer, director and photographer whose career spanned from silent film to colour filmmaking, most famously working with directors such as Alfred Hitchcock.
Cardiff was honoured an OBE in 2000 and in 2001 an Academy Honorary Award for his contribution
to cinema. Prism is written and directed by Terry Johnson (Hysteria, La Cage aux Folles) and enjoyed a sold-out
run at London's Hampstead Theatre in 2017.
Performances are from November 18-23 at 7.45pm with matinee shows at 2.30pm on Thursday and Saturday at 2.30pm.
Tickets are £25/£35/£40/£45 from the box office: 01223 503333/www.cambridgeartstheatre.com.