Rising star visits Cambridgeshire schools for talks on cyber bullying
- Credit: Archant
An up-and-coming singer from St Neots is set to visit schools in Cambridgeshire later this week as part of his war on cyber bullying.
Josh Davis, 21, only realised he could sing last year and has since been on a whirlwind journey to chase his dreams, signing a deal with a management company and getting ready to release his debut single.
As a part of his new venture though, the youngster is keen to spread the word on cyber bullying and discrimination against teenagers – something he says he can relate to.
He said: “When you release a track or video or post anything online, you’re giving a part of yourself to the world.
“Although this has made it easier for artists like myself to promote new music, it also invites a faceless audience to criticise you and your work, so I can identify with victims of online abuse.”
You may also want to watch:
Josh is planning to visit more than 150 schools in the next few months, with Abbey College in Ramsey and St Peter’s in Huntingdon on his list for tomorrow.
There, he’ll give a presentation to students about how to tackle cyber bullying before treating them to a performance of his debut single Fight With You.
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 3 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 4 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
In fact, Josh has even supported the likes of X Factor winner Ben Haenow at Birmingham’s NEC and is set to play a special homecoming show in St Neots this March.
For more about Josh, visit thefamouscompany.com.