Rick Astley in Cambridge for Beautiful Life tour
- Credit: Archant
Rick Astley brings his new tour - The Beautiful Life - to the Cambridge Corn Exchange.
Two years ago, Astley returned with an album that surprised everyone, even himself. The album, called 50, sold more than 300,000 copies and was one of the biggest selling albums of 2016. What was even more incredible was that Rick wrote, produced and played every instrument on the come- back disc.
It was his seventh studio album and his first number-one album since his 1987 debut album Whenever You Need Somebody.
This latest album, Beautiful Life, was released in July and each of the 12 tracks were written, produced and played by Astley.
Highlights are many and include the title track, the evocative Rise Up, the insanely catchy Try and the warm childhood memories of The Good Old Days.
You may also want to watch:
After selling more than 100,000 tickets for his 2017 tour, Rick and his band will perform at the corn exchange on November 6. Tickets are priced at: £50.50 and £42.50 and are available on the website at: www.cambridgelivetrust.co.uk.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding