Win a pair of tickets to see Richard III in Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
Excitement is mounting in anticipation of this summer’s Shakespeare production of Richard III and you could be there for free.
The Hunts Post has teamed up with the Shakespeare at The George theatre company to offer one reader the chance to win a pair of tickets for a performance of their choice.
The production, directed by Lynne Livingstone, will be performed in the old courtyard of The George Hotel, in Huntingdon, and runs from June 26 to July 7 (with a break on July 1).
Richard III was written during Elizabeth I’s reign in 1591, Shakespeare puts a Tudor spin on the end of the Wars of the Roses and the rise of the Tudors. This political thriller is about the desire for power and the all-consuming corruption of absolute power, which is made even more timely by current world news.
Richard, Duke of Gloucester, sweeps aside anyone in his way to achieve his goal of kingship. However, retaining the crown will take him to the darkest of places and turn a country against him.
You may also want to watch:
Richard III (Dean Laccohee) Duke of Buckingham (Rob Barton) Queen Elizabeth (Alex Priestley). For full cast list and more information about SatG, go to: SatG.org.uk.
To be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets, answer this question.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 9 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
Where is this summer’s production of Richard III being performed?
Answers to: The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. All entries must reach us by midday on June 25 as performances start on June 26.