Win a pair of tickets to see Richard III in Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
Excitement is mounting in anticipation of this summer’s Shakespeare production of Richard III and you could be there for free.
The Hunts Post has teamed up with the Shakespeare at The George theatre company to offer one reader the chance to win a pair of tickets for a performance of their choice.
The production, directed by Lynne Livingstone, will be performed in the old courtyard of The George Hotel, in Huntingdon, and runs from June 26 to July 7 (with a break on July 1).
Richard III was written during Elizabeth I’s reign in 1591, Shakespeare puts a Tudor spin on the end of the Wars of the Roses and the rise of the Tudors. This political thriller is about the desire for power and the all-consuming corruption of absolute power, which is made even more timely by current world news.
Richard, Duke of Gloucester, sweeps aside anyone in his way to achieve his goal of kingship. However, retaining the crown will take him to the darkest of places and turn a country against him.
Richard III (Dean Laccohee) Duke of Buckingham (Rob Barton) Queen Elizabeth (Alex Priestley). For full cast list and more information about SatG, go to: SatG.org.uk.
To be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets, answer this question.
- 1 Cyclist left with serious injuries after bus collision in St Ives
- 2 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 3 Concerns about late-night noise if club is granted alcohol extension
- 4 Planning proposal for a new café to be reviewed by St Neots Town Council
- 5 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 6 Workers take strike action at St Neots power station in pay dispute
- 7 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 8 Can you help welcome people to the Cromwell Museum?
- 9 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast
- 10 Couple walk 350 miles to St Neots to raise awareness for suicide prevention
Where is this summer’s production of Richard III being performed?
Answers to: The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB or email: email@example.com. All entries must reach us by midday on June 25 as performances start on June 26.