Richard Digance brings his farewell tour to the St Neots Folk Club
- Credit: Archant
St Neots Folk Club will welcome Richard Digance to the Priory Centre on March 12.
The performer is undertaking his final tour to celebrate more than 50 years of songs and stories.
He has clocked up a BAFTA nomination and The British Academy of Composers Gold Award; 31 albums, music for Bill Bryson’s audio book and more than three million YouTube views.
Richard Digance is a rare performer in that he is respected by comedians for his original material and by musicians for being an accomplished performer/guitarist.
His loyal following confirms his wide appeal from the younger generation, attracted by both his guitar playing and the fact he has inspired many modern-day performers, to the loyal fans who have followed him since the time he had his own television series and started out in folk clubs.
Richard is also a world-acclaimed poet, an author and an artist. His poetry is published around the world.
He has survived all trends with his two and a half hour one-man show, his summer festival appearances in the UK, the United States, Canada and Dubai, his cruise work and television appearances. He is both an accomplished musician, rated by many as one of Britain’s greatest acoustic guitarists, inspired by his good friend Ralph McTell, and an entertainer who many younger comedians, including Ross Noble.
- 1 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 2 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 3 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 4 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 5 Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 6 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 7 Jacob Crawshaw memorial football match raises more than £8,100
- 8 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Plans for new Pightle land in Eaton Socon after generous donation
- 10 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
Richard Digance will be at the St Neots Club, which is held at the Priory Centre, on March 12.
Admission: non-members £12 and members £10. Tickets are available from St Neots Folk Club (Tuesday evenings) or from The Priory Centre or pay on the door.