Rattigan’s masterpiece - The Winslow Boy - at Cambridge Arts
- Credit: Archant
Terence Rattigan’s - The Winslow Boy - is at the Cambridge Arts Theatre, from March 26-31.
Tessa Peake-Jones (Only Fools and Horses) and Aden Gillett (House of Eliott) star in Rattigan’s gripping masterpiece which tells the true story of a father who embarks on an extraordinary campaign for justice for his son.
Having been expelled from the Royal Navy College for stealing a five-shilling postal order, young cadet Ronnie Winslow’s family are pulled apart by the repercussions of his charge. Set against 1910
Edwardian London, the Winslow family fight to clear his name or face social ostracism as the case
becomes a national scandal.
You may also want to watch:
Tessa Peake-Jones is best known for her role as Raquel in Only Fools and Horses and Mrs Maguire in Grantchester. Aden Gillet is best known for playing Jack Maddox in The House of Eliott.
Terence Rattigan was an acclaimed British playwright, his other works include French Without Tears, Flare Path and The Browning Version.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
Performances are Monday – Saturday, 7.45pm and Thursday and Saturday at 2.30pm.
Tickets are priced from £20-£35 and are available from the box office on: 01223 503333 or online: www.cambridgeartstheatre.com.