Plan B and James Blunt latest acts to confirm for Newmarket Nights and tickets on sale on Friday
- Credit: Archant
The Jockey Club Live and Newmarket Racecourse have announced that Plan B and James Blunt are the latest headline acts to be confirmed for this summer’s Newmarket Nights and tickets go on sale on January 26.
BRIT award winner, critically acclaimed director, actor, and musical maverick Ben Drew aka Plan B’s show will be part of some of his first UK summer shows in four years. Newmarket Nights favourite James Blunt returns after giving thousands of fans an unforgettable performance in 2014.
Plan B’s sophomore album, The Defamation Of Strickland Banks, achieved quadruple-platinum status, selling more than 1.4 million copies in the UK alone, and hit the Number One album spot on release. It saw him win both a BRIT and three Ivor Novello Awards and includes the smash hit She Said. He will be releasing his eagerly anticipated fourth album Heaven Before All Hell Breaks Loose on April 14 via Atlantic Records.
Drew said: “Excited to announce I’m headlining Newmarket Nights at Newmarket Racecourses this summer. Looking forward to playing songs from the new album.”
James Blunt is one of the most prolific British artists of recent times. His 2004 debut, the phenomenally successful Back to Bedlam, became one of the best selling albums in UK chart history, producing break-out hits ‘You’re Beautiful’, ‘Wisemen’ and ‘Goodbye My Lover’. He has since sold more than 20 million albums worldwide and 12.8 million singles, with most recent album ‘The Afterlove’ becoming his fifth top 10 charting album. The album cycle saw him sell out arenas across Europe and join Ed Sheeran on tour in the United States and Australia.
Amy Starkey, regional director (east) of Jockey Club Racecourses, said: “We are delighted to announce Plan B and James Blunt as our next Newmarket Nights headliners. We’re excited to welcome James back as we know how exceptional his live shows are. Plan B is also a great addition to our line up. It will be his first time at the racecourse but I am sure he will be very popular.
INFO: For more information and tickets, call the box office on 01603 675300 or online: www.newmarket.thejockeyclub.co.uk.
- 1 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 2 'Leaning' Christmas tree in St Neots is removed
- 3 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 4 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald
- 5 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 6 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 7 Roman Crucifixion burial found in Fenstanton
- 8 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 9 Christmas markets and events happening in Huntingdonshire in the next two weeks
- 10 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed