Phoenix Calling release new single and video featuring St Neots’ boxer Tommy Martin
- Credit: Archant
Rising Cambridgeshire-based rock band, Phoenix Calling, have just released their latest single and video which features boxing legend Dave ‘Boy’ Green and St Neots-based boxer Tommy Martin - who has a Commonwealth title fight on Saturday.
The video will be widely shown on music TV channels, including Kerrang! TV and the fight itself will be televised.
The single, Hold On To Glory, has already received massive airplay around the globe and is from the highly acclaimed debut album Forget Your Ghosts. Phoenix Calling were signed to The Fort record label just over a year ago and have released their debut album and had a number of sell-out gigs for the launch tour, which included a date at the O2 Academy in Birmingham. All three previous singles received worldwide airplay and the videos were all playlisted on Kerrang! and Scuzz TV. The band has supported Young Guns and Nothing But Thieves, played numerous music festivals and
gigs, and even squeezed in a tour of Poland.
Asked about the new release, Dom Greenwood, guitarist and songwriter, said: “This is a really special video for us -we were absolutely delighted that Dave ‘Boy’ Green and Tommy Martin were so enthusiastic about being involved.
You may also want to watch:
Dave is a local sporting icon and an incredibly genuine guy. Tommy was awesome to see in training and we’d like to wish him all the best for his title fight on Saturday.”
Jon Hewitt, director of management company, Crescendo Music Services, said he was delighted with the progress made in 2015: “We saw the potential of Phoenix Calling and they haven’t disappointed. We’ve made great strides in the past year and the band is working as hard as ever. It’s great to work with such a dedicated and talented bunch of lads – they have been busy in the studio and their new material is sounding incredible.”
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
The second album is scheduled for release in the autumn.
Phoenix Calling have been together for the past two years and comprise of Chatteris boys Dom Greenwood
(guitar/backing vocals) and Steve Chapman (lead vocals), lead guitarist, Martyn Hilliam, from Whittlesey, Jason Howard (bass) from Ramsey and drummer, Matt Cope, from St Neots.