Comedian Phill Jupitus is coming to Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
TV comedy star Phill Jupitus bringing his latest show Juplicity to Huntingdon.
Jupitus, best known for appearances on programmes like Never Mind the Buzzcocks and QI, will be at the Hinchingbrooke Performing Arts Centre on September 22 as part of a nationwide tour which has proved so popular that further dates have been added in the autumn and winter.
Juplicity follows on from Jupitus’ highly successful UK tour last year and he has been on the road with his acclaimed new stand-up show since February.
The show features Jupitus’ take on the chaos of his own life and the uncertain world we live in - and does include some adult themes and situations.
Jupitus became a familiar face on TV more than 20 years ago when he started as a team captain on the BBC2 pop quiz Never Mind the Buzzcocks which ran for 19 years. He also appears as a regular guest on QI and Alan Davies As yet Untitled as well as performing in live stand up shows around the UK and in 2012 returned to TV stand up with an appearance on Live at the Apollo.
Jupitus’ radio sees him as a regular panellist on the award-winning I’m Sorry I Haven’t a Clue, was resident curator on the Museum of Curiosity and presents documentaries.
Wide-ranging stage work has included playing Bottom in A Midsummer Night’s Dream and Edna Turnblad in the hit musical Hairspray.
- 1 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 2 'Leaning' Christmas tree in St Neots is removed
- 3 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 4 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald
- 5 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 6 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 7 Roman Crucifixion burial found in Fenstanton
- 8 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 9 Christmas markets and events happening in Huntingdonshire in the next two weeks
- 10 Old Mill upgrade resumes at Godmanchester
Further information and Tickets: www.offthekerb.co.uk/phill-jupitus/ and inforrmation is also available from the Performing Arts Centre on 01480 375678 www.hhpac.co.uk/performingarts.