Peterborough Youth Choir to perform at historic Huntingdonshire site
- Credit: Archant
The award-winning Peterborough Youth Choir will perform a mixture of choral favourites, ballads and show tunes at Buckden Towers on Sunday.
The group’s annual residential weekend will culminate in a concert with Peterborough Voices at the Church of St Hugh of Lincoln.
The more than 100-strong choir has credits to its name including singing with legendary soprano Lesley Garrett and the late Bernie Nolan. It has also featured in national tours of Evita and filmed for Songs of Praise.
The concert programme includes pieces such as As Long As He Needs Me from Oliver!, swing tune Chattanooga Choo Choo, plus ballads You Raise Me Up and Wind Beneath My Wings.
This year, only the Peterborough Youth Choir girls will visit Buckden. Upcoming dates for the PYC include a recital alongside the Black Dyke Band on April 11 and with The King’s Singers on May 30, at The Broadway Theatre in the city.
INFORMATION: Starts at 6.30pm. Tickets £6, and free for under 14s on the door. Tickets from £12 for the Black Dyke Band show and from £15 for The King’s Singers performance from 0333 6663366 or www.peterboroughmvchoir.org.uk.
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 4 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 7 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 8 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month
- 9 Sawtry Village Academy support 'DOGTOBER' initiative
- 10 St Ives cocaine dealer is jailed