Global superstar Tom Jones to perform in Peterborough
- Credit: Archant
Global singing superstar Tom Jones will be performing in Peterborough this summer.
The star, who has a career spanning six decades, is coming to The ABAX Stadium on July 11 and tickets will go on sale on February 1.
In what promises to be an unforgettable evening of entertainment this summer, the singer, who is currently one of the judges on The Voice, has one of the most recognisable voices in the music industry. His back catalogue of iconic records have earned him a place as one of the best-loved
artists ever to emerge from the 1960s with an eclectic musical mix spanning pop, rock, soul, R&B, dance, country and gospel. He is unequivocally a living legend.
With a career spanning six decades and more than 100 million record sales under his belt, including
hits such as It’s Not Unusual, Kiss, Delilah and What’s New Pussycat, his popularity as a live performer continues at a pace unrivalled in the industry, with some of the best reviews of his career hailing from his most recent albums Long Lost Suitcase, Spirit In The Room and Praise & Blame.
With numerous tours of the world under his belt, coupled with a legion of fans, his extraordinary career was recognised in 2006 through his knighthood from the Queen and a string of prestigious music awards, including BRIT Awards for Best Male and Outstanding Contribution to
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 9 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 10 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
Music, a Silver Clef Award for Lifetime Achievement, the Hitmaker Award from the [US] Songwriters Hall of Fame, GQ Man Of The Year, and the prestigious [UK] Music Industry Trust Award.
The concert at The ABAX Stadium will feature a collection of Tom’s most popular hits across the decades, including his latest albums.
Liz Doogan-Hobbs, of promoters LHG Live, said: “We are delighted to be working with Tom Jones once again. He remains one of the most popular artists in the industry and truly captivates his fans whenever he takes to the stage. Peterborough is a vibrant place. and we are certain that
the concert is going to be greatly welcomed, promising an evening filled with Tom’s most recognisable and popular hits. We are looking forward to seeing all his fans there.”
Tickets for Tom Jones at The ABAX Stadium on July 11 go on general sale on February 1 at 9am. Standing tickets are priced at: £39.50 + booking fee (Bronze), seated tickets are £50 + booking fee (Silver) and £65 + booking fee (Gold).