Paul Weller first act to comfirm for forest gig - tickets on sale Friday at 9am
- Credit: Archant
The legend that is Paul Weller is the first artist to announce gigs as part of Forest Live 2019, the summer concert series promoted by the Forestry Commission.
Paul’s latest release True Meanings, entered the UK charts at number two and is his fourteenth solo album and the twenty-sixth studio album of his career that began in 1977 with The Jam’s debut album In the City. Five era-defining albums followed before he experienced further recognition with The Style Council and subsequent success with numerous solo releases such as Wild Wood, Wake Up The Nation and Sonik Kicks. Paul Weller’s versatility and creative edge has connected with fans across the generations, making him one of the most significant players of the British music scene over the past four decades. A cultural icon, his impact, relevance and popularity with the public, fellow musicians and critics alike remains unabated in his milestone 60th year.
Forest Live is a major outdoor live music series held every summer by Forestry Commission England in seven beautiful forests. More than 1.75 million people have attended a forest gig in the last 18 years. Money raised from ticket sales helps to look after the nation’s forests sustainably, for people to enjoy and wildlife to thrive.
Paul Weller made his Forest Live debut in 2004 and has played to sell-out crowds ever since, with his most recent appearances being in 2014. Commenting on the new dates, Paul said: “The forest shows are always great gigs for us and it’s been a while since I last did them so I’m really looking forward to them next year.”
Paul Weller will perform at Thetford Forest, near Brandon, Suffolk on June 21, 2019.
You may also want to watch:
INFO: Tickets are £48.50 (plus £5.35 booking fee) and go on sale at 9am Friday, November 9, from the Forestry Commission box office on: 03000 680400 or buy online: www.forestryengland.uk/music
More information at: www.paulweller.com and www.forestryengland.uk/music
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k