Patrick Barlow’s The 39 Steps opens in Cambridge next week
- Credit: Archant
The 39 Steps, adapted for the theatre by Patrick Barlow, is being staged at the Arts Theatre in Cambridge from January 25-30.
Direct from a nine-year run in the West End, Broadway and 25 countries around the globe comes this exciting and unique version of Alfred Hitchcock’s classic spy thriller, The 39 Steps. The Olivier Award winning smash-hit comedy is back by phenomenal popular demand to Cambridge Arts Theatre as part of the play’s 10th anniversary tour.
Based on John Buchan’s 1915 novel and Alfred Hitchcock’s 1935 film adaptation, The 39 Steps tells the story of a dangerous cat-and-mouse chase from London to the Scottish Highlands.
This inventive comedy thriller features four actors playing 139 roles in 100 minutes. It follows the incredible adventures of Richard Hannay,complete with stiff-upper lip, British gung-ho and pencil moustache, as he encounters dastardly murders, double-crossing secret agents, and, of course, devastatingly beautiful women.
After a short run at the Tricycle Theatre, London, The 39 Steps opened at the Criterion Theatre in 2006, where it ran for nine years. The production has attracted worldwide attention and spawned international productions in more than 40 countries.
You may also want to watch:
Performances are at 7.45pm, with a matinee on Saturday at 2.30pm.
Tickets are priced from £18- £33, plus £3 booking fee, and available from the box on 01223 503333.
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
- 10 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
INFO: for more information about The 39 Steps and other productions at the Arts Theatre go to: www.cambridgeartstheatre.com.