Patrick Barlow’s The 39 Steps opens in Cambridge next week
- Credit: Archant
The 39 Steps, adapted for the theatre by Patrick Barlow, is being staged at the Arts Theatre in Cambridge from January 25-30.
Direct from a nine-year run in the West End, Broadway and 25 countries around the globe comes this exciting and unique version of Alfred Hitchcock’s classic spy thriller, The 39 Steps. The Olivier Award winning smash-hit comedy is back by phenomenal popular demand to Cambridge Arts Theatre as part of the play’s 10th anniversary tour.
Based on John Buchan’s 1915 novel and Alfred Hitchcock’s 1935 film adaptation, The 39 Steps tells the story of a dangerous cat-and-mouse chase from London to the Scottish Highlands.
This inventive comedy thriller features four actors playing 139 roles in 100 minutes. It follows the incredible adventures of Richard Hannay,complete with stiff-upper lip, British gung-ho and pencil moustache, as he encounters dastardly murders, double-crossing secret agents, and, of course, devastatingly beautiful women.
After a short run at the Tricycle Theatre, London, The 39 Steps opened at the Criterion Theatre in 2006, where it ran for nine years. The production has attracted worldwide attention and spawned international productions in more than 40 countries.
Performances are at 7.45pm, with a matinee on Saturday at 2.30pm.
Tickets are priced from £18- £33, plus £3 booking fee, and available from the box on 01223 503333.
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 3 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 4 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 5 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 6 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 7 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 8 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 9 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 10 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
INFO: for more information about The 39 Steps and other productions at the Arts Theatre go to: www.cambridgeartstheatre.com.