Nature author will speak about new work on visit to town
- Credit: © ARCHANT NORFOLK PHOTOGRAPHIC
The Friends of Holt Island Nature Reserve will be hosting author and journalist, Patrick Barkham, at the group’s annual meeting next week.
Mr Barkham, who grew up in Norfolk, will speak to members and guests about his new book Badgerlands, as well as his previous works on nature.
Other books penned by Mr Barkham include The Butterfly Isle, Coastlines, and Islander. He is also a natural history writer for The Guardian.
Both The Butterfly Isle and Badgerlands have been shortlisted for the Ondtaaje Prize for literature.
The annual meeting is taking place on Wednesday (July 25), from 7.30pm at St Ives Corn Exchange. Entry is free for members and £3 for non-members. Refreshments will be available.
You may also want to watch:
Log on to www.holtisland.org to find out more about the reserve and the event.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester