‘Nuns’ create a buzz in town ahead of Sister Act production which opens on November 16
- Credit: Archant
Over the last few weeks you may have seen a few ‘nuns’ having fun around St Neots but fear not, they are actually the cast members from the musical Sister Act.
The award winning VAMPS is bringing the smash-hit musical to the stage at the Priory Centre, in St Neots, from November 16-18.
Based on the 1992 film, this musical comedy tells the story of sultry singer Deloris Van Cartier, who is forced into hiding in a convent after witnessing a murder involving her mobster boyfriend. The sisters embrace this new unconventional ‘nun’ much to Mother Superior?s dismay, especially when she finds her coaching the choir and turning the nuns into “swinging singing sisters”. The choir turns out to be a huge hit with the local neighbourhood, but will Deloris’ boyfriend track her down?
The cast is made up of people from St Neots and the surrounding villages and will showcase some wonderful local talent.
“Being a part of Sister Act has been so much fun and there has been a real buzz around St Neots with our nuns having fun, said Emmeline Lyster who plays sister Mary Patrick.
You may also want to watch:
“We are grateful to many local businesses who have given their support to this production. The cast have been dancing, singing and acting since June and are ready to put on a fabulous production. At times, we have struggled to get our lines out as the script is so funny. The music is really catchy and fun, be prepared to get up and start dancing in the isles.”
The show is directed by Bella Coleman and the musical director is Chris Phelps and choreographer is Emma Driscoll.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
VAMPS is a variety and musical performance society, formed in 1961. The group performs two shows each year, attracting audiences of 300 every night. Members are drawn from villages and towns surrounding St Neots. Recent shows include: Cinderella (nominated for NODA East Region 1 Best Musical Award 2016), The Full Monty, The Addams Family (winner of the NODA East Region 1 Best Musical Award 2015), Grease and Oliver.
INFO: Sister Act will be showing at the Priory Centre, from November 16-18 and performances are at 7.30pm with a matinee at 2:30 on Saturday.
Book tickets at: thevamps.org or call our box office on 07857 912860.