Pete Tong at Newmarket nights next summer
- Credit: Carsten Windhorst / FRPAP.com
Rounding up a fantastic couple of weeks of Newmarket Nights announcements, with more due in the new year, Newmarket Racecourse has announced that Pete Tong will perform at the venue in August next year.
He will take to the state with the Heritage Orchestra to stage Ibiza Classics on August 2, 2019.
There are few individuals in the world of dance music who can claim the kind of influence Pete Tong has had over the last 20 years. As the voice of Radio 1’s prestigious dance programming, Pete has held a commanding presence over the industry for more than two decades. With an unparalleled ear for new talent, Tong has become the leading tastemaker of the electronic generation. While he’s known publicly as Pete Tong the DJ, behind the scenes, he’s an industry icon.
With conductor Jules Buckley and the 65-piece The Heritage Orchestra, Ibiza Classics combines unparalleled production, awe inspiring visuals, a mix of new songs as well as your favourite ‘white isle’ tracks. In 2019 the show will see new re imagined tracks which will soon be featured on their third record, fused together with incredible visual effects and music technology.
Amy Starkey, regional director, Jockey Club Racecourses (eastern region) said: “We are delighted to add Pete Tong to our Newmarket Nights line-up for 2019. We’ve got a fantastic mix of artists for our customers to enjoy, and Pete Tong certainly adds to an exciting list. It promises to be an epic spectacle and one not to miss.”
You may also want to watch:
Pete Tong & The Heritage Orchestra join headliners Madness (June 21), Rudimental (DJ Set, July 29), and Thriller Live (July 18) on the line-up for Newmarket Nights’ 2019 season, with more announcements to come.
Tickets will be on sale at 8am on December 21. via: www.thejockeyclublive.co.uk.
- 1 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives