Newmarket Nights announces JAMES as latest summer act
- Credit: Archant
The band JAMES are the latest act to join the Newmarket Nights summer season, hitting the stage on August 4.
Since forming in Manchester in 1982, James’ enduring creativity and musical legacy has made them one of the most influential British indie bands.
During their music career now spanning over 30 years, they have released 14 studio albums, selling 13 million albums worldwide and hits include Sit Down, Laid and She’s a Star.
With continued commercial success, last year their latest studio album, Girl at the End of the World’ went straight in at number two in the UK charts and received critical acclaim.
The 2016 season welcomed acts including Little Mix, Tears for Fears, Mark Ronson and the Kaiser Chiefs to the Adnams July Course, collectively playing to over 100,000 fans.
You may also want to watch:
Amy Starkey, Regional Director East of Jockey Club Racecourses, said: “We are really excited to announce James as the next act for Newmarket Nights and welcome them to the Adnams July Course for the first time.
“It will be fantastic to see them perform their hits for our racegoers this summer and I am sure they will put on a fantastic show.”
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 9 Appeal for foster parents to come forward
- 10 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
Tickets are on sale at 8am tomorrow morning (April 7) and can be booked at thejockeyclunlive.co.uk.
Prices start at £26 and £13 for children under 18.