New single is all in a day’s work for St Neots hairdresser
- Credit: Archant
A St Neots hairdresser has released a single and is now working on producing material for a new album.
Hendryk Wisniewski, originally from Bedford, works at the Bianco Hair Design salon in High Street, and says a renewed interest in writing and playing music and a collaboration with an old band mate has set him on a new path.
“I have only just recently revived my interest in playing and recording after many years which meant learning the new techniques of sound recording,” he said.
“I completed a six-month Music Technology course at Bedford College, learning to use Pro Logic. Most of my recordings are created on my home studio and then developed, edited and remixed at the Sound Garage in Bedford.”
Hendryk started playing guitar at the age of eight and played in various school bands in his teens, but it has always been his ambition to write and create his own songs. He played in a band with a singer, writer and composer called Elvis Veira, but the band split up and Hendryk went on to play in a covers band called Shocking Pink, playing 80s’ covers around various venues in the UK.
Hendryk has once again teamed up with Elvis and the single Day by Day features his vocals.
“Quite often you will find me at a coffee shop scribbling down a few lyrics while listening on headphones to the previous night’s recordings. I find I can be more creative this way. It’s amazing how you can come up with ideas in a room full of people.
- 1 Improved Ofsted rating for village primary school
- 2 All aboard! St Neots father and son to tackle London underground for charity
- 3 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 4 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 5 Godmanchester tearoom supporting adults with learning disabilities celebrates
- 6 Cyclist left with serious injuries after bus collision in St Ives
- 7 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 9 First breast-feeding friendly venue announced for St Neots
- 10 Concerns about late-night noise if club is granted alcohol extension
“There is a lot more to come,” he said. “Lots of new material to be developed and a future album to be released with some great pop, soul and funk tracks, and a ballad or two.”
INFO: All the music will be available for digital download in all major download stores including iTunes and Amazon as well as most of the music streaming sites on the Silkriff label.