New recruits needed for St Neots Choral Society
- Credit: Archant
Rehearsals for St Neots Choral Society start on September 6 and the group is looking for new members.
This is the society’s 46th season and rehearsals are held at Eynesbury C of E Primary School, in Montagu Street, from 7.30pm until 9.30pm.
“We are recruiting now and new members are very welcome to join and there are no auditions to frighten you but an ability to read a little music is helpful,” said Patti Pitt.
“The society began at Longsands College as an extension of the senior choir, run by Reginald Searle, and has grown in stature as an independent society over the years and still boasts a few founder members,” she added.
The first concert of the new season is a performance of Handel: Chandos Anthem No 9; Bach: Missa Brevis in G and Purcell: Come ye Sons of Art. The concert is on December 2 at St Mary’s Church, in Eaton Socon, at 7.30pm. with professional soloists and orchestra.
You may also want to watch:
There is also a carol concert with the St Neots Sinfonia at St Mary’s Church on December 23 at 6pm.
Tickets are available in advance or on the door at £12 full and £10 concessions. Accompanied school age children are admitted free. The carol concert tickets are priced at £7.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 6 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 9 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
For more information about events, contact 01480 392322 (for tickets) or 01480 212298 for membership or further information or see the society’s website: www.stneotschoral.org.uk.