Musical spectacular in St Ives goes back to the past
- Credit: Archant
A real cabaret night will give music lovers the chance to listen to some of the best Big Band sounds.
The Huntingdonshire Concert Band (HCB) is staging another evening of Big Band, dance and swing at the Burgess Hall, St Ives on Saturday (March 21), featuring live performances from Stageworks Performing Arts.
There will be a selection of nostalgic music from artists such as Glenn Miller and Frank Sinatra as well as dancing to classics including The Rhythm of Life and Chattanooga Choo Choo!
Last year’s formula will be repeated with the audience sitting at tables in a classic cabaret style complete with licensed bar.
It’s the perfect opportunity to catch two Huntingdonshire groups showing off their performing skills.
You may also want to watch:
So if you are into Big Band, jazz and swing, come along and put a spring in your step with this lively stage show.
INFORMATION: Doors will open at 7pm and the concert starts at 7.30pm. Tickets cost £8.50 and can be booked by calling 01480 811027 or 07980 316402. Alternatively, email email@example.com or visit www.hcband.co.uk. For more about Stageworks, go to www.stageworksstudio.co.uk.
- 1 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives