Momentum Theatre Company brings The Wind in the Willows to St Ives
- Credit: Archant
Momentum Theatre Company presents The Wind in the Willows at Floods Tavern in St Ives, from July 19-22.
In 2016, the theatre company, which aims to produce engaging, relevant and entertaining productions, visited the venue with A Night at the Bar(d).
The production, which played to full houses, was to mark 400 years since the death of William Shakespeare.
The Wind in the Willows, by Kenneth Grahame, is being staged in the Riverside Beer Garden of Floods Tavern. The romantic backdrop of the Great River Ouse is the ideal setting for this English classic, which is full of excitement and comedy and perfect for the whole family.
Audiences will witness the adventures of Mole, Ratty and Badger as they try to restrain the lovable, but frustrating Mr Toad as he battles with his obsession with motorcars and ends up in prison for imitating a washer woman.
You may also want to watch:
Spectators will observe the eagerness as the four riverside characters join forces to plot to defeat the foul Queen Weasel and her pack of weasels as they attempt to take over the riverbank and Toad Hall.
This beautiful version of The Wind in the Willows highlights the importance of friendship, the love you have for your own home and the natural magic of nature which takes place alongside the riverbank.
- 1 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 4 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 5 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 6 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
This new adaptation is by Bryan Hodgson and directed by Jon-Scot Clark. Jon-Scot Clark is originally from St Ives and has appeared in London’s West End as an actor and dancer for the last 10 years.
“He is delighted to be returning to his home town to direct for Momentum Theatre Company,” said Momentum’s Oliver Scott.
“Momentum can boast a stellar cast of professionals to take on the charming roles with music specially written for the piece by the renowned singer/song writer Matt Harvey.”
Performances are at 7.30pm, with a matinee at 2.30pm on Saturday. Tickets are available from Floods Tavern, at 27 The Broadway, St Ives and the Hearing Centre, at 9 Crown Street or call the ticket hotline on 07799 421318.