Mexican delights as Chiquito unveil new menu in Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
Having visited Chiquito a couple of times before I had an idea of what was on offer but, following a visit to the restaurant in Huntingdon, I was surprised at the delights it has on offer on the new menu.
When my friend Abi and I went to the restaurant in Tower Fields Leisure Park we were greeted at the door by the ‘lucky gecko’ statue and taken to our table by one of the members of staff.
Both of us perused the menu picking out all the things we wanted before narrowing it down to one option each – which was a shame, as we could quite happily have chosen several.
I went for the beef chilli tacos and sweet potato fries and Abi opted to try the burrito with pulled pork and chips.
Before our order was even taken we were given a bowl of complimentary spicy popcorn that I couldn’t help picking at before our plates of food came - it was delicious.
You may also want to watch:
And when our dishes arrived, we couldn’t wait to tuck in and enjoy the large amount of food that we had in front of us.
After biting into the first taco I was pleased that the chilli wasn’t too hot but still had lots of flavour and the sweet potato fries were the best I have ever had.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
Despite finishing off our plates we still wanted a pudding, and being in a Mexican restaurant we opted for churros which came out piping hot and tasted home made.
After the lovely service and amazing meal I will definitely be returning to Chiquito’s to try some more of the restaurant’s new menu.