Mayor’s charity snail race takes place on November 4
- Credit: Archant
The long-awaited and highly anticipated St Neots Mayors Charity Snail Race will take place at the Millers Arms pub on November 4.
The six snail races start at 7.30pm and will feature more than 40 highly tuned snails at the event which will raise money for the mayor’s four chosen charities.
St Neots mayor, Cllr Derek Giles, said: “These snails are not the ordinary common or garden snails; they are specially bred cartoon snails and are used to high speed racing. Please come along to the fun-filled evening and support the charities.”
Tickets are available at £10 for adults and £5 for under-16s, from the St Neots Town Council offices or by calling 01480 388911 or The Millers Arms in Ackerman Street, in Eaton Socon.
The entrance price includes a sausage and mash, or chips, supper.
You may also want to watch:
There are still three opportunities left to sponsor a race for £25, which includes two free tickets to the event (supper included).
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed