Charity car event raises money for Magpas Air Ambulance
- Credit: Hazel Quest
‘Biggest-ever’ charity donation after car event in Hemingford Grey.
Magpas Air Ambulance has received a £2,780 donation from the organisers of the Classic Affair’, a charity classic car event.
The Classic Affair event, held at Hemingford Pavilion on Saturday September 5, saw more than 200 cars and 50 motorcycles on display. Visitors were able to enjoy the food and refreshments and live music from Caxton Swing Band.
Organisers, Hazel and Paul Quest, said “This is a wonderful result given the circumstances - this year’s donation is the biggest ever raised from A Classic Affair.
“We feel extremely thankful that we were able to go ahead with the event and we thank everyone involved for behaving responsibly, following the guidelines and digging deep for a wonderful cause.”
You may also want to watch:
“Huge thanks goes to our sponsors, Maxine Lester Lettings and Property Management and Quest Brothers Classic Cars, both of St Ives. We wouldn’t be able to run the event without their generous support.”
Hazel and Paul, along with sponsor Maxine Lester, presented the cheque to Magpas Air Ambulance on September 14.
- 1 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 2 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 3 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 4 All UK adults to be offered Covid vaccine by September, says Government
- 5 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 6 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 9 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 10 Man who invited children to use his hot tub breached police order