Lots on offer for kids in Huntingdonshire over the summer holidays
A SUMMER holiday full of fun is on offer in Huntingdonshire with a host of activities to keep youngsters entertained including t-shirt decorating and butterfly catching.
A SUMMER holiday full of fun is on offer in Huntingdonshire with a host of activities to keep youngsters entertained including t-shirt decorating and puppetry.
Starting next week and running until the end of August, Frosts garden centre in Brampton is holding a variety of workshops for children.
From July 26-30 youngsters will be able to learn the secrets of making and decorating delicious cupcakes. The event is running from 3pm to 4pm and costs �4.99 per child.
A teddy bears’ picnic and painting is taking place from August 2-6 from 3pm. The cost is �6.99 and each child will get a snack box, juice and a painting-by-numbers set.
You may also want to watch:
On August 8 from 10am to 4pm, youngsters will be able to meet Tractor Ted, take part in a colouring competition and receive balloons and stickers.
Other activities include t-shirt decorating on August 16, arts and crafts on August 17, make your own hand puppet on August 18 and make your own teddy on August 25.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 5 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Huntingdonshire District Council’s arts services has organised an art attack summer school running from August 11-13 at the Countryside Classroom at Hinchingbrooke Country Park in Huntingdon.
The school is for eight to 13-year-olds and will see children working with artists to create artwork with a carnival theme. Activities include screen printing, banner-making, video making, mask and costume design and puppetry. The cost is �45 for all three days with the classes running from 10am to 4pm. Places must be booked in advance on 01480 388248.
A series of sports taster sessions are July 23 to September 1 at the leisure centres in Ramsey, Huntingdon, St Neots, St Ives and Sawtry. Organised by Huntingdonshire District Council for youngsters up to the age of 16 years, activities include archery, roller skating, street dance and trampolining at St Ivo Leisure Centre. In Huntingdon there will be cheerleading, laser tag games, snorkelling and football. Basketball, circus skills, cricket, dance mats and rock climbing in St Neots. In Ramsey there will be parachute games, treasure hunt, swimming, self defence and dance and drama. While a teddy bears picnic, arts and crafts, cookery and archery will be on offer in Sawtry. Activities must be booked and pay for in advance by phoning the leisure centres. To download a free timetable of events, dates, times and prices, visit www.oneleisure.net