Lessons about the history of combat at St Neots Library
- Credit: Archant
The tale of a crew of men who took off from Huntingdonshire soil and risked their lives for their country will be recounted at St Neots Library.
Roger Leivers will give an illustrated talk about the Stirling N3703 crew’s efforts during the Second World War on Tuesday, March 10.
Many of the Stirling bomber missions started and finished at RAF Wyton, home of the XV Squadron, and Mr Leivers will discuss the lives of the men, the operations they took part in, and what became of them.
In addition, on Friday, February 27, the library is organising another event as part of its ‘Engage in the Afternoon’ programme.
The talk, titled The Sword and the Centuries, will be given by Jed Pascoe, a historical martial arts instructor and a collector of swords and armour.
You may also want to watch:
Held at the Priory Centre, Mr Pascoe will share a series of stories about historical sword fighting. These are opportunities not to be missed for military history buffs and novices alike.
INFORMATION: The Stirling bomber talk starts at 7pm. Tickets cost £3 and are available from St Neots Library in person or by calling 0345 0455225. Proceeds will be donated to a fund for a memorial to the crew. The Sword and the Centuries talk will run from 2pm-3pm. Tickets are free from St Neots Library.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 10 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge