Sawtry star dances her way to the quarter final of Strictly
- Credit: Archant
Sawtry’s Lauren Steadman will be heading to the quarter finals of Strictly Come Dancing after negotiating another week of the contest.
The 26-year-old danced the salsa to Familiar by Liam Payne and J Balvin and did well enough to secure a spot in next week’s show.
This week, couples were also asked to perform a Lindy hop-a-thon, which meant all of the dancers were on the floor at the same time, allowing them all the opportunity to earn extra points.
Lauren and professional partner AJ scored just one point for their Lindy hop. The salsa earned a five from Craig Revel Horwood and sixes from Darcy Bussel, Shirley Ballas and Bruno Tonioli placing her bottom on the leader board with 24 points.
However, Steadman avoided elimination, after cricketer Graeme Swann and his partner Oti Mabuse became the ninth couple to leave this year’s competition.
You may also want to watch:
Lauren, who was born without a complete right arm, won a silver medal at the Rio 2016 games in the paratriathlon.
She has competed in three Paralympics, in both swimming and the paratriathlon. She competed at both the 2008 Paralympics in Beijing and the 2012 Paralympics in London as a swimmer.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 9 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 10 Moving day for Black Cat Radio
Strictly Come Dancing will return on Saturday.