Sawtry’s Strictly Come Dancing star makes it through ‘movie week’
- Credit: Archant
Sawtry’s Lauren Steadman took the stage for a third time at the weekend as Strictly Come Dancing hosted a movie-themed week.
The 26-year-old danced the cha cha to Fame and did well enough to secure a spot in next week’s show.
Lauren, a double world champion paratriathlete and six-time European champion, was given a score of five by judges Shirley Ballas and Darcy Bussell, a four by Craig Revel Horwood and a six by Bruno Tonioli.
Lauren and AJ Pritchard scored 20 out of 40 for this week’s routine placing them thirteenth on the leaderboard, above Lee and Nadiya.
However, Lauren avoided becoming the second star to be eliminated, with Lee Ryan dropping out this week.
You may also want to watch:
The star, who was born without a complete right arm, won a silver medal at the Rio 2016 games in the paratriathlon.
She has competed in three Paralympics, in both swimming and the paratriathlon. She competed at both the 2008 Paralympics in Beijing and the 2012 Paralympics in London as a swimmer.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
Strictly Come Dancing will return on Saturday where the celebrities will compete for top place on the leader board.