Knott’s psychological thiller Wait Until Dark opens in Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
Frederick Knott’s psychological thriller Wait Until Dark opens in Cambridge later this month.
The performance, which is guaranteed to set pulses racing is at the Cambridge Arts Theatre, from September 19-23.
Wait Until Dark is set amid the social turbulence of 1960’s London and follows the story of Susy, a blind woman who, left alone in her apartment, becomes embroiled with a group of conmen hatching an elaborate scam.
As the tension notches up, Susy is left to fend for herself, but with the telephone line cut dead and the house plunged into darkness, can Susy outwit the murderous visitors?
Wait Until Dark was transferred to the big screen in 1967 and the film version famously starred Audrey Hepburn in the role of Susy. It has been ranked as one of the top 100 scariest films of all time.
You may also want to watch:
Times and prices: Tuesday – Saturday, 7.45pm.
Saturday, 2.30pm: £19/£24/£29/ £34.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Moving day for Black Cat Radio
Thursday, 2.30pm: £19/£24 /£29.
Box office: 01223 503333 / www.cambridgeartstheatre.com.