Knott’s psychological thiller Wait Until Dark opens in Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
Frederick Knott’s psychological thriller Wait Until Dark opens in Cambridge later this month.
The performance, which is guaranteed to set pulses racing is at the Cambridge Arts Theatre, from September 19-23.
Wait Until Dark is set amid the social turbulence of 1960’s London and follows the story of Susy, a blind woman who, left alone in her apartment, becomes embroiled with a group of conmen hatching an elaborate scam.
As the tension notches up, Susy is left to fend for herself, but with the telephone line cut dead and the house plunged into darkness, can Susy outwit the murderous visitors?
Wait Until Dark was transferred to the big screen in 1967 and the film version famously starred Audrey Hepburn in the role of Susy. It has been ranked as one of the top 100 scariest films of all time.
Times and prices: Tuesday – Saturday, 7.45pm.
Saturday, 2.30pm: £19/£24/£29/ £34.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 3 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 4 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Plans for new Pightle land in Eaton Socon after generous donation
- 6 Fresh wave of Camp Beagle protests as vans arrive at Wyton complex
- 7 Met Office forecast for Cambridgeshire after weekend of mixed weather
- 8 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 9 New mayor of Huntingdon unveiled at annual town council meeting
- 10 Buckden children raise a whopping £1,313.60 at cake sale
Thursday, 2.30pm: £19/£24 /£29.
Box office: 01223 503333 / www.cambridgeartstheatre.com.