Kaiser Chiefs return for Newmarket Nights concert
- Credit: Supplied by Chuff Media.
Kaiser Chiefs have been confirmed for this summer’s Newmarket Nights concerts.
The Angry Mob are returning to Newmarket Racecourses.
Fronted by former The Voice UK coach Ricky Wilson, the Yorkshire indie rock group will play the racecourse near Cambridge on Friday, June 28.
Organisers at The Jockey Club Live and Newmarket Racecourses confirmed the Leeds band’s headline performance this morning (Monday, March 4).
• READ MORE: Madness to play Newmarket Nights concert
The Newmarket favourites will return to the course for the first time since 2016.
You may also want to watch:
A festival staple, the BRIT Award-winning, multi-million-selling band shot to recognition in 2005 with their breakout track I Predict A Riot, taken from debut album Employment.
This was followed by hits including Oh My God, Everyday I Love You Less and Less, and 2007 number one smash Ruby.
- 1 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 2 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 3 Ten motorists charged with drink driving over Bank Holiday weekend
- 4 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 5 Over 300 runners lace up their boots for virtual event in St Neots
- 6 St Neots has elected its new mayor and deputy mayor
- 7 Family-run business with expanding reputation
- 8 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 9 Operating theatres revamp at Hinchingbrooke Hospital given approval
- 10 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
Kaiser Chiefs have also enjoyed two number one albums, 2007’s Yours Truly, Angry Mob and 2014’s Education, Education, Education & War.
Having achieved six top 10 albums in total, they will be looking to continue the success with new album, ‘#KC7’, which is set to be released later this year.
Amy Starkey, Regional Director East of Jockey Club Racecourses, said: “We are delighted to be welcoming the Kaiser Chiefs back to the Newmarket Nights stage.
“They always put on such a wonderful performance and I’m sure, given the requests we often receive to invite them back to the racecourse, that their fans will be thrilled to head to the July Course this summer and rock out with them again.”
• READ MORE: Rudimental announced for Newmarket Nights DJ spot
If Love In The First Degree is more your thing, also announced today for Newmarket Nights are 80s pop stars Bananarama.
Tickets will go on sale at 8am on Wednesday, March 6 via thejockeyclublive.co.uk, with a pre-sale available to customers at 8am tomorrow (Tuesday, March 5).
Tickets are priced starting at £29 for the Kaiser Chiefs gig.
All T&C’s are available on newmarket.thejockeyclub.co.uk
There are also hospitality packages available to suit all budgets.
With the additions of Kaiser Chiefs and Bananarama, the line-up for Newmarket’s summer season is now almost complete.
NEWMARKET RACECOURSES 2019 CONCERT DATES
8th – Nile Rodgers & CHIC – Summer Saturday Live.
21st – Madness – Newmarket Nights.
28th – Kaiser Chiefs – Newmarket Nights.
19th – Thriller Live – Newmarket Nights.
26th – Rudimental (DJ Set) – Newmarket Nights.
2nd – Pete Tong & The Heritage Orchestra performing Ibiza Classics – Newmarket Nights.
9th – Bananarama – Newmarket Nights .