Bluegrass legends Della Mae to perform in Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
Nashville-based string band Della Mae are at Cambridge Junction on Wednesday, January 22.
Since forming in Boston in 2009, they have built a reputation as a charismatic live act with some of the finest players in bluegrass.
Della Mae was formed in 2009 by Kimber Ludiker, Amanda Kowalski, Grace van't Ho and Avril Smith.
The group released their first album, I Built This Heart, in 2011. In 2013, Della Mae won the International Bluegrass Music Association's Emerging Artist of the Year award.
Their second full-length album, This World Oft Can Be, was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Bluegrass Album at the 56th Grammy Awards.
You may also want to watch:
They were named among Rolling Stone magazine's "10 bands to watch for in 2015," and they have travelled to over 30 countries.
Their style is described as sensitive yet assertive, intense yet playful, traditional but current. 8pm. Tickets £17 from junction.co.uk or 01223 511511.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity