Join in with a barrel-load of fun at St Ives beer festival
- Credit: Archant
The St Ives annual beer festival is barrelling forward – and The Hunts Post has six pairs of tickets with beer vouchers to give away to the event at the Burgess Hall on October 9-11.
Booze on the Ouse, which has been running since 1992, will treat visitors to a wide range of different ales sourced from across the country, including from brewers in Hemingford Grey and Peterborough and CAMRA’s champion Beer of Britain, Taylors Boltmaker from West Yorkshire.
Organiser Paul Moorhouse said: “Festival-goers can expect a great range of beers, served in prime condition. This year there will be a special range of around 10 Scottish real ales in celebration of continued unity, and a balanced range of real ale styles from across the UK regions, but with a big emphasis on local brewers as usual.”
Wine and food will also be available, with free soft drinks for designated drivers.
Paul added: “It is great for people coming along that may not be used to real ales and we invite people to try them. That’s one of the reasons why we do these festivals.”
You may also want to watch:
The Hunts Post has six pairs of tickets to give away, with beer vouchers which can be traded for at least two pints.
To be in with a chance of winning, just tell us which country has the most breweries per capita.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
Email your answers under the subject ‘beer festival’, along with your name, address, and daytime telephone number, to email@example.com by 12noon on Friday, October 3.
INFORMATION: The festival will be open from 5pm-11pm on Thursday (October 9) and 12noon onwards on Friday and Saturday. For more information, visit www.hunts.camra.org.uk.