Jake Bugg among the first wave of artists announced for next year’s Cambridge Folk Festival
- Credit: Archant
Cambridge Folk Festival has announced the first artists for next year’s bill which includes one of Britain’s emerging talents - Jake Bugg.
The singer/songwriter will return to the festival and headline on the Sunday night with an acoustic set.
Jake’s progress, from performing in 2012 on the festival’s smallest stage, The Den, to headlining Stage 1 is a feat matched only by one other artist, Passenger.
Also confirmed are: folk and roots pioneers Oysterband (Sunday), celebrating their 40th anniversary; multi-award winning, visionary folk trio Lau (Saturday), featuring Kris Drever, Martin Green and Aidan O’Rourke and US ‘rockgrass’ favourites Hayseed Dixie (Sunday).
They join previously announced guest curator Jon Boden, who will perform over the festival weekend with The Remnant Kings to preview his autumn 2017 album as well as guest curating elements of the line-up.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are now on sale:
Full festival ticket: £167
- 1 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 2 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 6 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
Day tickets: £27.50 (Thu), £59.50 (Fri), £70 (Sat), £70 (Sun)
Camping at Cherry Hinton Hall and Coldham’s Common is available. Concession tickets (disabled access and carer, Under 21, Cambridge City Resident) are available. Please see the website for more information and full ticket prices: www.cambridgefolkfestival.co.uk
Cambridge Folk Festival is held over four days in the picturesque grounds of Cherry Hinton Hall. Celebrated for its relaxed atmosphere, excellent facilities and diverse programme, the Festival brings together the best of folk in its broadest sense, from international stars to breakthrough new artists and special one-off performances, talks and workshops across several stages. Previous headliners have included: Joan Baez, Nick Cave, Ray Davies, Buddy Guy, Christy Moore, Van Morrison, James Taylor and The Waterboys amongst many others.
Cambridge Folk Festival is promoted by Cambridge Live with support from Cambridge City Council.