International soprano Marisa Johnson to perform in Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
International award-winning soprano, Marisa Johnson, will be performing in Cambridge for an evening of original classical-crossover songs, operatic arias, and classical favorites.
Accompanied by Adam Parrish, Marisa has sung alongside the likes of Andrea Bocelli, opened a concert for pop sensation Enrique Iglesias, and now, up-and-coming artist Marisa Johnson will be performing in Cambridge.
Usually on stage at nightclubs and other venues in Los Angeles, Marisa is crossing the pond to launch her brand new single, Your Time – the top classical song currently on iTunes in the Netherlands, and second in the UK.
Marisa started her singing career after studying vocal performance at the University of Southern California, alongside Grammy-winning baritone Rod Gilfry no less.
Since then she has wowed audiences across Las Vegas, performing operas and musicals such as The Medium, Carmen and Phantom of the Opera, collecting top accolades along the way too.
Female Vocalist of the Year at Kern County’s Most Talented Singer competition, Bakersfield’s Idol, Best in Classipop at the Best New Talent Awards, plus two talent awards at Miss California are but a few of her achievements over the past few years.
Marisa has even been applauded by Renee Fleming – the world-famous opera singer and soprano, and had her music played on radio stations as far-reaching as Australia.
- 1 Charming 'cakery' selling sweet treats opens in Ramsey
- 2 New bridal shop is childhood dream for Michelle
- 3 Lack of NHS dentists see people resorting to 'Victorian' teeth pulling
- 4 Covid-19 'virtual ward' will help patients recover at home
- 5 Petition calls on county council to reject waste incinerator
- 6 Community help plant new trees in St Neots park
- 7 Trainee chef reaches finals of national competition
- 8 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 9 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 10 Bakery and baking school opens after Crowdfunding push
Now, the songstress is leaving her mark with original material, having released her debut album in 2014 and starting to plan her international summer tour for later this year.
And, having only been made public on January 1, Marisa’s new single is already set to be a musical game-changer, featuring soaring vocals and haunting orchestrations.
For one night only The Portland Arms in Chesterton Road, Cambridge, will be hosting the singer – the perfect cure for those January blues.
As patron of the Iridaceae Foundation – which helps to provide universal education and care for life-limiting illnesses – Marisa has decided to donate all proceeds from the gig to the UK charity.
She is also offering tickets at £10 to NHS workers in recognition of their work, with standard places costing £15 per head.
The show starts at 7.30pm on January 12, and tickets are available on the door or online at shop.iridaceaerecords.com.